Low Calorie Oats Idli Recipe
Recipe by: Home App
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Cook Time: 40 minutes
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Low Calorie Oats Idli Recipe:
Low Calorie and Healthy Idli is made with oats and grated carrots. Ideal for those who are calorie conscious. Oats rich in minerals, vitamins and protein give this dish a high nutritional value without compromising its delicious taste. This low calorie oats idli recipe, easy to make and instant, is ideal for a good breakfast or brunch at home.
Low calorie oats idli content
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 liter curd (slightly sour)
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1/2 tablespoon Chana Dal
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 cup Carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- A pinch of salt
How to make low calorie oats idli
1. On a grater, fry the oats till they turn light brown and then grind the oats in a grinder.
2. Put oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal in a pan and let the mustard splutter and let the dal turn golden.
3. For this, add chopped chillies, coriander and grated carrots.
4. Add turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
5. Add this seasoning to a mixture of powdered oats and add curd to it to make a batter like the consistency of idli batter.
6. You can add as much yogurt as possible for consistency, but do not add water to the batter.
7. Grease the idli steamer plates with oil and pour the solution into each area of the steamer.
8. Keep the idli for 15 minutes.
9. Note: To know if the idli is cooked or not, wipe the idli with a knife and check if the batter is sticking with the knife.
10. Remove idli and serve it with onion chutney.