Matar Pulao Recipe | Peas Pulao | Matar Pulao (Easy One Pot)
With Matar Pulao Recipe video and step by step photo – this delicious pea casserole is simple and easy to prepare variety of casserole made in a pot. Vegetarian and gluten free.
It is a pea pea casserole scented and has sweet tones due to peas. This casserole can be made with fresh or frozen peas.
Check Matar Pulao Recipe
Frozen peas lose their taste and flavor from time to time and hence their taste does not fall into this casserole.
I like to use fresh peas to make this casserole or for other green pea dishes.
This casserole is often made in Punjabi houses. I also make it at home regularly and this recipe I learned from my milk.
As a variation, some people also add potatoes to this casserole. After cooking, the rice grains should separate and the pulp should not appear in the peas.
I usually force the green pea casserole to cook, but you can cook the casserole in a pot. If cooking in a vessel, the amount of water should be increased slightly. The details of the recipe and step by step pics are given below.
You can serve green pea casserole with curd or onion tomato raita, onion rings, kachori, papad and pickle.
How to make Matar Pulao Recipe
1. Wash 1 cup of heaps basmati rice till the water is clear. Soak the rice for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons oil or ghee in a pressure cooker or in a pot. Add the following spices – 1 inch cinnamon, 1 black cardamom, 1 or 2 green cardamom, 2 to 3 cloves, 1 to 2 single strand mace, 1 medium bay leaf and 1 teaspoon cumin seeds. Suck until the spices leave their aroma and become fragrant.
3. Then add ½ cup finely chopped onions.
4. stir. Fry the onion till it becomes golden or caramelized. Do not burn the onion as it will add bitter taste to the casserole.
5. Add ¾ cup of green peas.
6. Stir well and saute for a minute.
7. Now add the drained rice and stir gently.
8. Saute for a minute.
9. Then add 1.75 cups water.
10. Season with salt. Stir well.
Cooking peas pulao
Cook the cover and pressure on medium to high heat for 10 to 12 minutes for 2 whistles.
If the pea casserole is to be cooked in a pot or pan, add 2 to 2.5 cups of water. Cover the pot tightly with a lid and cook the rice until all the water is absorbed and the rice grains are cooked. Also, check while cooking rice. If all the water has been absorbed and the rice grains are not fully cooked, just add a few more tablespoons of water. Cover and cook the rice for a few minutes.
12.Automatically sort the pressure and then open the lid of the cooker. Whisk the rice gently and serve the pea casserole with tomato onion raita or boondi raita.
More rice recipes
Tawa Pulao Recipe 230
Cook foxtail millet
Low Calorie Oats Idli By Expert 361
Lentil and Charred Broccoli Chaat expert Recipe 360
Recipe bran whole wheat muffins
Dal Tadka Restaurant Style
Tomato Rice 10 min
Bread Pizza Recipe on Tawa Pan in 15 minuteTOP 8 COOKING SHOWS OF INDIA
30 Cooking Quotes to Inspire Your Inner Chef
Cooking Without Fire 25 recipes
Bhel Puri Recipe | Mumbai Bhel Puri
Bread Pizza Recipe on Tawa Pan in 15 minute
Veg Chow Mein Recipe | Indian Chinese Style Chowmein