Tomato Rice | Quick & Easy – Dhaba Style !
How to make Tomato Rice – Tomato rice is a very easy and tasty recipe. Prepared by cooking rice in a tomato spice.
Serve with Dhaba Style Raita !!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME25 minutes
Material of Tomato Rice
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 2 inch
- Cloves – 4
- Onion – 1 cup finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tablespoons
- Tomatoes – 2 cups chopped
- Green chili – 2
- Chopped coriander – 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves – 20
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1Tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 2 teaspoons
- Soaked rice – 2 cups
- Water (3 cups
- Salt – 2.5 tsp
Instruction Tomato Rice Recipe
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on low heat
- Add mustard
- Mustard seeds start melting, add fenugreek seeds and fry for a few seconds
- Add onion and sauce for a few minutes.
- Mix cinnamon and cloves, mix with onion and shake until onion becomes translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, green chillies and curry leaves. Saute till the raw aroma disappears.
- Add coriander leaves and ginger fora in minutes.
- Finally add tomatoes and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, black pepper powder coriander powder, cumin powder and mix well.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft and leave oil.
- Add soaked rice and mix.
- Add water and salt.
- Let the pressure cook and pressure cooker depress by themselves for 1 whistle.
- Fluff and rice mixture.