Veg Fried Rice Recipe
Veg Fried Rice is made with fried rice as well as finely chopped vegetables and sugar sauce. Fried rice is a definite feature in most Indo-Chinese cuisine.
It is not only very easy to make, but it is also loaded with many healthy vegetables. It is usually served with an Indo-Chinese side dish such as veg manchurian or gobi manchurian.
To make Veg Fried Rice at home, follow the detailed step by step step recipe below.
Category: Main Course
Nutrition (per serving)
Ingredients For Veg Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 Cup Rice (Long Grained)
- 1/2 Cup Spring Onion Whites, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 Cup Capsicum/ Bell Peppers (Green/ Red/ Yellow)
- 1/4 Cup Matar/ Peas
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic, minced (3-4 cloves)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ginger, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons
Step by step instructions for veg fried rice recipe
- Soak 1 cup of rice in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil rice in about 2 cups of water with 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp salt. Cook in an open container without covering them. Rice should not be eaten much.
- Once cooked, spread the rice out to separate the grains and allow them to cool. You can run them gently in cold water to stop the cooking shooking process.
- Heat the oil in the pan and fry the minced garlic and ginger.
- Add spring onions, carrots, cabbage, capsicum and peas and fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir and stir the vegetables continuously. Vegetables must be cooked, but still maintain their crispness,so start cooking shooking.
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar with salt, pepper and red chili powder. Be careful when adding salt, as soy sauce contains salt.
- Now add cooked rice and mix the rice well with the sauce and vegetables.
- Vegetable fried rice is ready. Garnish it with some fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.