Masala Corn Recipe | Spicy Buttered Sweet Corn
Masala Corn Snack is a healthy, quick and easy to prepare. It is made from boiled sweet corn kernels by mixing butter, lemon juice and some spices.
The snack is liked by children as well as elders and is also healthier and nutritious than fast food and cookies. If you want to reduce calories even more then you can reduce the amount of butter or not add at all.
Masala Corn is a very popular snack in India and is served in stalls around the streets and eateries in various parts of the country. This snack is also a good way to satisfy the craving of night-time meals.
Masala corn is usually prepared by removing kernels from fresh corn on the corn. However, this is a slightly more time-consuming process, so I have used frozen corn kernels in this recipe, which are available for sale at almost all grocery stores.
To make Masala Corn at home, follow the detailed step by step recipe with the pictures below.
Nutrition (per serving)
Ingredients For Masala Corn Recipe
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 2 Teaspoon Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 Tea Spoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- 4-5 Sprigs of Coriander Leaves
- 2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
Step by step instructions with photos for the masala corn recipe
- Grind the corn kernels in water. If you are using fresh corn on the cob, separate the kernels from the corn so that you get about 1 cup of kernels. Boil the corn kernels for 6-7 minutes or until softened. You can also microwave them for 2-3 minutes.
- Dry the corn water. Then melt some butter in a pan.
- Add boiled corn kernels to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until the butter melts.
- Transfer the corn to the butter in a butter bowl and add the red chili powder, black pepper powder, chaat masala and salt to the corn.
- Add some finely chopped coriander and sprinkle some lemon juice. Mix all ingredients well.
- Masala Corn is ready. Serve it when hot. You can also prepare this recipe in advance and heat it a little while serving.