Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe
Szechwan Fried Rice is a popular and spicy rice dish of Indo-Chinese cuisine. It enjoys its unique pungent and spicy flavor in addition to Shehzwan sauce.
Veg Schezwan Fried Rice is a rice mixture consisting of vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, French beans and spring onion, which is tossed with soy sauce and Skeezwan aus and gives it a spicy and distinctly chic garlic flavor.
Schezwan Fried Rice is a quick and easy recipe, especially if you are using a store bought Schezwan Sauce. It is spicy and peppery and it is really tasty and also looks quite colorful due to the addition of lots of vegetables.
Origin of the dish
Indo-Chinese cuisine is considered a form of Chinese spice and cooking technique suited to Indian tastes. It is believed to have its origins in the small population of China that came to Kolkata nearly two centuries ago and created a unique combination of Indian and Chinese cuisine.
Veg Schezwan Fried Rice which may have started as a street food in Kolkata city is now available as street food in most of the countries of the country and has gained wide acceptance. It now forms a part of the menu in many small and large Indian restaurants and chains .
Due to the inclusion of fresh vegetables, this dish has good nutritional value and is a complete meal in itself. But you can also serve this rice with Indo-Chinese side dishes like:
Category: Main Course
Nutrition (per serving)
Ingredients For Veg Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe
- 1.5 Cups Basmati Rice
- 1/4 Cup chopped Cabbage
- 1/4 Cup chopped Carrots
- 1/4 Cup chopped Green Beans
- 1/2 Cup chopped Capsicum (Bell Pepper), green or colored
- 3 Spring Onions
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoon Schezwan Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chilli Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder, or as per taste
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or as per taste
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
Step by step instructions for veg shejwan fried rice recipe
- Heat 4.5 cups of water in a pot and add 1/2 teaspoon of oil to it.
- Add washed rice to the pan and cook for 15 minutes on medium flame without a lid.
- Do not cook the rice completely, it should be strong to cut. Then remove the water from the rice and allow them to cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan and add minced garlic. Fry for a few seconds.
- Then add chopped spring onion white, cabbage, carrots, green beans and bell peppers.
- Cook the vegetables on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir constantly to make sure they are evenly baked.
- Add Szechwan sauce, soy sauce and vinegar to the vegetables and mix well.
- Now pour the cooked rice into the pan and mix them with the vegetables and sauces.
- Season the rice with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 2 minute cooking shooking its ready to serve.
- Veg shejwan fried rice is ready. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve them hot.