White Sauce Pasta Recipe Se-crate
White Sauce Pasta is a delicious pasta dish cooked in a creamy milk-based sauce with the addition of step-colored vegetables, aromatic spices and herb flavors.
Pasta is the staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. This Italian delicacy can be prepared quickly from the comfort of your home, without much effort and is as delicious as the restaurant version of the dish.
White sauce pasta is a perfect middle of fragrant flavor, colorful vegetables and a creamy pasta. Colorful bell peppers and onions add to its rich flavor. The addition of garlic and a blend of Italian herbs add to its flavor.
You can make the dish healthy by adding lots of other vegetables like broccoli, peas, olives, artichokes, spinach, etc. You can also use whole wheat pasta instead of plain flour.
What type of pasta to use?
I have used penny pasta in this dish, although you can replace it with any other pasta of your choice. As a general rule, tubed pasta such as pennies, rigatoni etc. or shaped and twisted pasta such as rotini, pudding, pharfali etc. go well with white sauce.
White Sauce Pasta is a succulent and mouthwatering dish that children love to eat. You can eat it as a meal or with crusty cheese garlic bread or tomato and basil bruschetta.
To make White Sauce Pasta at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with the pictures below.
Category: Main Course
Nutrition (per serving)
Ingredients For White Sauce Pasta Recipe
- 1 Cup Penne Pasta
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Onions
- 1/2 Cup Colored Bell Peppers (Capsicum)
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoon Plain Flour (Maida)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or according to taste
- 1/4 Cup Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
Step by step instructions with photos for White Sauce Pasta Recipe
- Heat water in a bowl and add penny pasta to it. Add one teaspoon of oil to prevent pasta from sticking and cover the pot.
- Cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes or until it is al dente, then chopped. Then drain the water and set it.
- Heat butter in a pan. While the butter is melting, add grated garlic to it and fry it on medium flame for less than a minute.
- Add all purpose flour. Sauté for a while, stirring it on a low heat continuously until the flour mixes well with the garlic.
- Add yellow, green and capsicum and onion pieces and sauce on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Then add milk and mix well until a lump is formed.
- Add mixed Italian herbs like oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper powder and salt.
- Add cheese to the sauce and mix well. Stir continuously and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add pasta and mix it well and coat it completely with the sauce.
- Now the delicious white sauce pasta is ready.